Skip to main content

St. Viateur's College Journal / The Viatorian, Mar 2, 1883 - 1938

Identifier: Sub-Series 1

Scope and Contents

The "St. Viateur's College Journal" was first published on March 2, 1883 until the summer of 1893. On November 2, 1883, a French supplement was appended to the Journal, called "Le Cercle Francais" for the French students also until the summer of 1893. In September 1893 the name of the student publication was changed to "The Viatorian" to be more convenient and suggestive of the place and people it would represent. It continued the good work of the Journal and was published until the close of the college in 1938. At the end of the school year, some years, the last issue was called The Purple. This issue contained all the graduates and commemcement information. Most of the news papers are bound together in a volume by year. The size of the paper changed thoughout the years. Only a few individual loose papers exist for the years 1937-1938 - those years are incomplete. Some loose copies of individual issues also exist beside the bound volumes, these are also incomplete.


  • Created: Mar 2, 1883 - 1938


From the Collection: 45.00 Linear Feet

From the Collection: X boxes, X linear feet other_unmapped

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

Private Title

St. Viator's College Journal / The Viatorian


Repository Details

Part of the Viatorian Community Archives Repository

1212 East Euclid Ave
Arlington Heights IL 60004 US
847-637-2145 (Fax)